Note page is under review to be completed mid November 2023
Here you can learn about our journey to sustainable futures. Meet our Founder, the Kamammas, learn about our projects, and the experiences of volunteers and interns.
1. A Brand, Brave new world of Social Justice (Part 1 & 2)
2. Changing Lanes to: Human Centred, Inclusivity and Diversity in Travel Experiences
3. Chasing Rainbows & Catching Dreams: Children and Youth are the Future
4. Gender Equality & Wellness
5. Environmental & Climate Change Action globally and in local Communities for Sustainable Futures
6 Re-imagine Travel for Sustainable Tourism Futures
7. Interns, Research & Volunteering
8. The Visionary, Maverick Founder of Dreamcatcher South Africa
This inspiring video from 1998 tells the story of Melkhoutfontein, 10 km from the resort town of Stilbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. In 1991 the Human Science Research Council showed Melkhoutfontein to be one of the most deprived communities in the Western Cape with an 85% unemployment rate. However, as documented in the video, a tourism-focused local economic development strategy led by Anthea, to work with the community to innovate the challenges into solutions, transformed the community from a ‘no go’ to ‘must go to’ destination. This led to the formation of the Dreamcatcher South Africa.
A video from the late 1990s showing the work of Dreamcatcher including work in Melkhoutfontein
Meet our Human Resource Officer Gertwin – before Covid Pandemic struck. The mentoring the tourism and other peripheral social enterprises received helped to carry them through tough times.